We are officially wrapping up National Pet Dental Month at our clinic on Friday! We have told you all about how to care for your pet's teeth, why it's important and how we perform dental procedures under anesthesia.
There are some tasty options out there to help clean your pet's teeth in-between brushings. Here are the 5 top treats for tooth health:
1) Hills T/D food: T/D is a dental formula food with large morsels. Many people will give these morsels as treats. They are available for feline and canines alike! They also come recommended by our clinic.
2) OraVet Dental Hygiene Chews: These can be purchased at our sister hospital - Rancho Park Veterinary Clinic. It is a delicious treat for your pet and a little less crunchy than T/D.
3) Virbac C.E.T Enzymatic Oral Hygiene Chews: These are made from real beef hide and uses a dual-enzymatic property to clean your dogs teeth.
4) Greenies: You can find these for CATS and DOGS! Although cats aren't big chewers, this little treat is a tasty way to help reduce the amount of tartar on your kitty's teeth.
5) C.E.T VeggieDent Chews: These are also great for reducing tartar and will take some dogs longer to get through (they are pretty hard treats).
The important thing to remember when giving your pet a treat is that the treat is usually high in calories. So only give them occasionally and make sure your pet gets plenty of exercise!
Photo Credit: Keroll (our receptionist) - This is her dog Sky. You can follow Sky on IG @skybiscuits